Professor GUO Yike, PhD, FREng, MAE
- Provost, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Fellow of the Royal Academic of Engineering (FRENG)
- Professor of Computing Science in the Department of Computing at Imperial College London
- Member of Academia Europaea (MAE)
- Fellow of British Computer Society (FBCS)
Professor Guo Yike, a Fellow of the Royal Academic of Engineering (FRENG), was appointed as the Vice-President (Research and Development) of Hong Kong Baptist University on 1 January 2020. Prof Guo is Professor of Computing Science in the Department of Computing at Imperial College London since 2002. Before joining Hong Kong Baptist University, Prof Guo was the founding Director of the Data Science Institute at Imperial College since 2014, which is one of the six Imperial College Global Challenge Institutes. He is also a Member of Academia Europaea (MAE), Fellow of British Computer Society (FBCS).
Professor Guo obtained his first-class honours degree in Computing Science from Tsinghua University, China, in 1985 and received his PhD from Imperial College in 1993. In 1999, Prof Guo founded InforSense Limited, an Imperial College spin-off software company specialized in big data analysis for life science and medicine. He has rich experience in entrepreneurship and industrial collaboration.