Professor CHAN Ka-leung, MBChB, MD, DSc, SBS, JP
- Dean, Faculty of Medicine of The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Choh-Ming Li Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics
- Director, Centre for Gut Microbiota Research
- First-class award in Natural Sciences, Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Award (Science and Technology), Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China, 2020
- ExpertScape Named Top 0.06% World Expert in Aspirin, Helicobacter Infections and Peptic Ulcer, 2019
Professor Francis CHAN, SBS, JP, a world-renowned clinician-scientist in gastrointestinal diseases, is Choh-Ming Li Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics and Dean of Medicine of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). He holds a number of important positions such as Board Member of the Hospital Authority, Senior Associate Editor of a leading international journal, Director of Centre for Gut Microbiota Research at CUHK and Co-Director of the Microbiota I-Center (MagIC) established under the Innovation and Technology Commission.
Professor Chan’s contributions and leadership in gastroenterology have been recognized worldwide with numerous honours and awards, including International Leadership Award of the American College of Gastroenterology in 2018, being named the top 0.06% World Expert in Aspirin by ExpertScape in 2019, and Gold Medal in the International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva 2022.