Dr. LAU Ming Chu, Edith
- President, Hong Kong College of Community Medicine
- Founding President, Asian Pacific Osteoporosis Foundation
- Founding President, Hong Kong Osteoporosis Foundation
- Board Members, International Osteoporosis Foundation
- Chairman, Cancer Data and Priorities Working Group,Cancer Coordinating Committee, Health, Welfareand Food Bureau, Hong Kong SAR
- Chairman of Research Committee, Councilon Smoking and Health, Hong Kong SAR
- Bone and Joint Decade Ambassador, World Health Organization
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Osteoporosis Careand Control Founding Director
Dr Edith Lau is a world expert in osteoporosis and other bone diseases. Her work has been published in major international journals including the New England Journal of Medicine, the Journal of the American Medical Association, the British Medical Journal and others. She is the founder of the Hong Kong Center for Clinical Research (previously Center for Health and Medical Research) which is the first and largest clinical trials center in the private sector in Hong Kong. Industry partners include Amgen Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Eli Lilly and the Company and other leading companies. The work of the center has been audited by FDA and EMA, with excellent compliance results.
Dr Lau was previously the Professor of Community Medicine in the Chinese University of Hong Kong. During this tenure, her research project Mr Os (Hong Kong) was awarded the largest National Institute of Health (US) research grant to an Asian investigator in the bone field. Her work was also keenly supported by the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong.
Dr Lau is the ex-president of the Hong Kong College of Community Medicine, the founding President of the Asian-Pacific Osteoporosis Foundation and the Hong Kong Osteoporosis Foundation.