Dr. Jimmy Zhang
- Founding member, Former Chairman of BayHelix Group
- Founder, Chairman and CEO, Vinta Bio Limited
- Former Venture Partner at Lilly Asia Ventures (LAV)
- Former Vice President, Transactions at Johnson & Johnson
- Former Managing Director, MSD Early Investments – Greater China at Merck & Co.
- Former Board Director, BeiGene
Dr. Jimmy Zhang has 20+ years of experience and expertise in large pharmas and start-up companies, in strategy, management, business development, and operations, as well as in venture investments. Jimmy is founder, chairman and CEO of Vinta Bio Limited. He was a Venture Partner at Lilly Asia Ventures (LAV), Vice President of Transactions at Johnson & Johnson, and Managing Director, MSD Early Investments – Greater China at Merck & Co., Board Director of BeiGene. Jimmy was previously SVP at Synergenics, a consultant at McKinsey, a registered patent agent in Morrison & Foerster, and a project manager at Chiron. Jimmy was a founding member and former Chairman of BayHelix Group. He holds an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management, a PhD in biomedical sciences from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, and a BS in biochemistry from Nanjing University. Jimmy published in Cell, Nature, Neuron, and JBC, and holds multiple patents.